Friday, August 8, 2008

Well, THE first day of school came and went without much drama or tears! Yah for us! Both kids woke up before the early 6:15 alarm and were excited to start the day! Today is Friday and that definately wasn't the case this morning. The early morning schedule has caught up with them, that's for sure. The good news is they can sleep in tomorrow, I assured them of that as I peeled Jackson out of bed this morning. We were blessed with great teachers and that makes a big difference. John and I drove the kids to school and Jackson was the first to be dropped off. He went straight to his seat and started coloring. I gave my big boy a kiss and he waved goodbye. That was it! No tears! Nothing! I can't say I'm totally surprised, he is such an outgoing guy, I knew he would have no troubles. Next was Zoe and it went pretty much the same. Having done this already last year, she was no problem at all! She walked in, hung up her "Hannah Montana" (another story for another day) bookbag and sat down. What a big girl! Of course, I had to include some pictures!







3 comments:

the back door said...

6:15 alarms....yikes! what time does school start in georgia? we don't get up until 7:00 and that is early enough!

Judy said...

Oh, I can't wait...We only have a couple of weeks for school.

The McBrayer family said...

love the picture of you with the kids...too cute!